MJ Reflections

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Back to My Heart

I don’t want to leave this place
At the edge of the sea
I feel that you are here
In the wind and the waves
In the cry of a seagull
In the moon that hovers in the sky
Watching over me as I cry

Touching me
Bringing me back to my heart once again
The place where I always want to be
I never want to leave that place in my heart
Please….keep touching me

















Every time you touch me
I become a hero
Barriers disappear as if by magic
All the impossible becomes possible
Because of you
Now I know what I can do

Words will sing and dance on the page
Expressing from my heart
This love
Your light
Awareness of all the beauty around
The things we must keep
Ever close, ever safe

My heart sings the song
And I understand
What it is I need to do
Because of you

07/05/10
Copyright © 2010 by Charlene Burgess

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *














"The heart can think of no devotion
Greater than being shore to the ocean..."

~ from Robert Frost's poem, Devotion

6 comments:

  1. So beautiful Charlene. Thank you for sharing your heart and love of Michael. Blessings to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi charlene dear! I do love your poetry so much! the verses touched me thru and thru! Michael's magic of love is our strength! His spirit is alive! From his beaitufl heart, to yours and Mine and the wolrd! Keep writing!I'm your Fan!

    all for L.O.V.E.
    Maria (Alexandria62753)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Charlene - beautiful blog and journal and poetry entries! Thanks for inviting me to read and contemplate. It is always wonderful to read another's soul in her work! Do you mind terribly if I borrow a couple of your photos? They are really wonderful.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Betty, Maria & Jan for stopping by and reflecting with me. Your lovely comments and your support are very much appreciated!

    Love to you,
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Within my thoughts
    In my hours of despair
    When my heart grows restless
    You are always there

    In times when hope seems distant
    and I'm like a ship lost at sea
    You embrace me with your love
    And with its warmth you comfort me

    When times of sadness overcomes me
    And I fall into silent desperation
    Your sweet voice whispers words of consolation

    And as I walk down the path
    of lifes hardships not having the strength
    to go on
    You take my hand to guide me
    And inspirit me to be strong

    With Love
    Oli

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oli - (I love your name!)

    Your poem is beautiful! You express exactly the way I feel sometimes when I'm not sure if I can go on. He never fails to "take my hand to guide me, and inspire me to be strong."

    Thank you so much for stopping by my little blog and sharing your gift. You also have inspired me!

    Love to you,
    ~ Charlene ~

    ReplyDelete