MJ Reflections

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Remember The Gift


As we begin this season of waiting to celebrate the birth of Jesus, I would like to offer a series of poems and reflections based on the weekly themes of Advent - the first theme being HOPE. The following poem was published in an Advent devotional booklet for my church this year which was written entirely by its members. I am pleased to share it with you here. I fully respect and honor the diversity of beliefs that make up our colorful world - a world that is filled with beautiful and unique individuals, all a part of God’s magnificent Creation. No matter what your beliefs, I think most will agree that there is a power which is greater than ourselves at work in the universe - a power grounded in a great love. My heart extends its warmest wishes to you during this season of Hope, Peace, Joy, and Love!


Remember the Gift
Holy Spirit come, fill me with your love
wash over me, enlighten me, strengthen my belief in Thee
I need discipline to travel, this mystery of life to unravel
I vow to give my best, take time to nurture my faith
let it simmer while I wait
‘til Your guidance reveals which path to take

God of love and compassion
through my trials you have been my constant companion
but my patience is tested when it’s time for a rest
in my prayers I seek answers to my questions
You don’t always lead where I want to go
Your timing is not always mine
please give me the courage to believe what you know 
 

My Creator,
You gave me fire in my spirit
then said, don’t fear it!
be bold, be brave, share the love which I gave you
it is true, it is right
it’s your beauty, your passion, your own special light!

So, why must I wait, this flame to embrace?

Remember the Gift, the sweet Kiss of Love
Magical Child sent to earth from above
your soul to save from its own mistakes
His arms outstretched, ready to embrace
awaiting your surrender to God’s amazing grace!

The Gift accepted, my soul awakens
this waiting, this nurturing reveals the message
Peace, Love and Hope abide within each soul
the Gift cannot be denied
I must strive to be God’s Glow
a voice of Hope to a world in need of Love

11/21/10
Copyright © 2010 by Charlene Burgess



8 comments:

  1. Lisa said (via facebook):

    Lovely and loving, Charlene. How interesting that you composed it on Nov 21, 2010 - the same date I completed my Blessing for Neverland. We both seem to be striving to be "a voice of Hope", as all of us are, each with our own Gift to give... I recognize the image of the hand delivering the light of God, as I used it in one of my Notes recently as well. The picture of the shimmering tree is magical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linh said (via facebook):

    "The Gift accepted, my soul awakens
    this waiting, this nurturing reveals the message
    Peace, Love and Hope abide within each soul
    the Gift cannot be denied
    I must strive to be God’s Glow
    a voice of Hope to a world in need of Love"

    See, dear, The Gift is one way of telling us that He is there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan said (via facebook):

    Ahhh! Wonderful, as always, dear Char. You are a poet fersure!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mabi said (via facebook):

    Oh it´s so beautiful, Charlene...Thank you so much...I hope my dear God and Father bless this world and all of us...
    With Peace, Love and Hope. Kisses to you. ♥
    God bless Michael and his kids too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candy said (via email):

    My dear Charlene,
    your poem is so very beautiful!!!! I love it! Thank you for sharing it with us.

    I love the pictures you posted as well.

    Yes, we should never forget the Gift of God to us.
    May all people meet Jesus and let him enter in their hearts.

    God Bless you and your family my dear friend.

    I love you,
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elmira said (via facebook):

    Wonderful, wonderful! You truly have a gift for words. I love to read your poems as the words resonate wthin my own heart. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    wonderful.healing my wonded heart and soul.
    i love you so much,i love michael most....
    god bless you..............

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, dear Eva! I'm sooooooooooooooooo happy you found healing here for your heart and soul! God Bless You my friend,
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete