MJ Reflections

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Michael Forgive Us

I’m so sorry I was not there
To lift you up, let you know I cared
When things got tough, the world so cruel
It wasn’t enough just to say “those fools!”

Your dignity was trampled
Your light snuffed out
Your faith in humanity
Was plagued with doubt

How could one so gentle and pure
Be tortured more than anyone could endure?

You always gave your love and kindness
Showing us how to be our best
For this they told the horrid lies
For money and greed, to claim the prize

Your soul did not matter
They held your heart on a platter
To be diced and sliced, chopped into bits
They were not nice, but you took the hits
Held yourself with dignity and grace
You stood tall, the demons to face

And even though you were found innocent
The light in your eyes would remain reticent
Never to quite fully recover
Its former brilliance went undercover

Safe and protected from the enemies of your heart
Cushioned from harm you made a new start
Healed a bit, but still not the same
Your light was beginning to burn through the shame
Peaking through the shield of pain
It started to shine from your soul once again

This Is It was the plan
A gift for the fans
We were thrilled beyond measure
Singing and dancing your dream, your adventure
You would give us such pleasure!

To us, your brilliance was never gone
We held you in our hearts all along
Waiting for your wounded soul to heal
Returning to the stage to make us feel
The heat and passion
of your love and affection
We would once again be wooed by your amazing perfection!

Then….out of the blue
your life was taken from this world
On June twenty-fifth, our minds were in a whirl
Can it be true? Is this for real?
In shock and disbelief, we could not feel

Numbed by the news, the world went silent
The stage was now empty, your light stolen from it

Is there something we could’ve done to prevent it?
Loved you more? Healed the planet?
Would that have changed your story in the end?
Would sleep have been your friend?
Did we not do enough while you were here
To show appreciation for your gifts so dear?

For sacrifices made to deliver the message,
was our offering no more than a mere vestige?
A sample so small, you couldn’t see
That you were making a difference
How could this be?

We let you down, fell prey to the shadow
Apathy conveyed through our lives so shallow
Did you have to die for us to know
The importance of your life, your message, your show?

If we had only been
more like a true friend
Listened to your heart from the start
You knew all along that what you had to share
Was critical for the world to hear
You tried… gave us everything you had
Your joy, your anger, the good and the “Bad”

We heard your message, but didn’t respond
We just wanted a piece of you ’cause we were so fond
Your love was pure, your beauty bright
Your sweetness made our hearts take flight

And even though you loved our adoration
It wasn’t enough to prevent your ultimate submission
The pain was too much, the darkness very real
It took you from us, I don’t think we’ll ever heal

I’m not sure what I could’ve done
Written a letter? Called you on the phone?
I am nobody… would you have known?
Could I have made a difference, kept you from goin’?

Put the light back in your eyes for the world to see?
Restored your faith in humanity?
Taken your pain? Kissed and made it all better?
Turned the rain into sunshine with just a letter?

Now that I know, now that you’re gone
I cannot change it, the past is said and done
But I can beg forgiveness for my apathy
Try to make a difference in your name… throughout eternity

The messages you worked so hard to impart
Continue to be real, still rendered from your heart
Now free of limitations
I can do my part
Heal the world, change human relations
What I should’ve done from the very start

Making amends to you in this way
Will not bring you back, but it will make “them” pay
Justice for you will take a new form
For love and kindness will become the norm

All who love you are joining hands
A gesture of unity among your fans
creating a new community
With love at the center of all we do
Your lessons remembered, this is our cue
To make the world a better place…for you!

Let us not forget, always respect
Your example was perfect
No need to change it…dissect it…or reject it

May the Force of Love continue in your name,
Dear Michael…
One who is most like God

04/03/10
Copyright © 2010 by Charlene Burgess

7 comments:

  1. Oh yeah ... so many times I have thought the same thoughts ... and come to the same conclusions. This is wonderful, Charlene!

    I hope you don't mind that I've linked to your website on With a Child's Heart?

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a moment that I thought "Next time.....", but I quickly realized that there will not be a do over. There is no next time, and Michael Jackson will not come again. Some are actually touring with only his pictures and videos.... Michael will not come again. This was a hard learned lesson. Yes, please forgive us Michael, as we struggle to for give ourselves.
    Blessings~Cate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan - As I pulled this out of my archives and was reading it over to decide whether to post it, many of the lines made me think of you. I was hoping it would not be too difficult for people to read now.

    Of course, I don't mind that you've linked to me from your site! I need to stop by With a Child's Heart and leave a few comments there - I've gotten behind. I can't keep up with you, girl!! Our little Moonwalker is being VERY pushy with you!

    Thank you for stopping by...

    ~ Char ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cate - I have no doubt that Michael has forgiven us without question! In fact, he would probably say "Nothing to forgive - you have been and continue to be the best part of me. Now, go heal the world!"

    ...and we shall!!!

    Love to you, dear one...
    ~ Char ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it was difficult -- but -- No, it was not too difficult to read now. Because, like you said in your second paragraph -- he's still PUSHING me -- A LOT! Which just proves to me that he isn't gone. There are times when I am jealous of all the people having dreams and visions and auditory conversations with him, but then I realize that my manifestations in words are just as much conversations and communications as theirs.

    I do wish I could dream, though ... often have ... it would be cool to wake up and know that I had dreamed and met him in my dream. Maybe, that is a gift he is saving for a special occasion.

    My husband tells me all the time that I do dream -- everyone dreams -- but I don't think I do. My damaged little girl psyche doesn't let herself dream. I do my dreaming while I'm awake!! I haven't had a real dream since I was about five-years-old.

    Anyway, yes ... I really, really, related to many of your emotions as expressed in this poem. And in your response to Cate above! So, so true! Yeah, Cate ... we all wanted that do-over, believe me!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. One who is most like God, who was God-sent and who represented the lost innocence in our world. How the world responded to Michael Jackson's love is how the world responded to God's love, distrusting, betraying, criticizing, hating, and taking advantage of Him.

    Michael certainly forgive us. That is part of his nature. That is God's nature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If there's anyone in the world who has the closest touch with God, then it is Michael.

    ReplyDelete