MJ Reflections

Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Sliver of Shimmering Light

His spirit abounds
Among the stars, the moon, and the clouds
I look up to the sky
Whenever I step outside
Just to see if I can find
A hint of him hiding behind that tree
Magical, mystical, wonder of light
I see him nearly every night

One night in April I found to my delight
The crescent moon curved up in a smile
Made me swoon
A tiny sliver of shimmering light
Hanging out with some twinkling stars
Casting their glitter about
Like fairy dust on Mars

Framed by dark silhouettes
Of trees and mountains in the distance
He gave me a ringside seat
For a momentary show of his beautiful glow
Peeking out from under his home
A stunning reflection of his love
… Pure perfection

I said, “Well, hello sweetie!”
And he smiled right back at me!
He captured my heart
Ignited that spark
It was our private moment in the dark

Then a cloud came by
Covering him like a blanket to say goodnight
A nod, a wink, and a wave of his hand
Gave me a clue this was not the end
Descending behind the mountains
His light glowed on the western horizon

I thought, what a gift to behold!
To see him in that moment
As if he was there just for me
Long enough to say hello
This child would be
Playing peek-a-boo behind the moon’s glow
Letting me know he's still beside me
Cheering me on
Singing for me his heavenly songs
Encouraging me to stay on track
Not to be discouraged, he’s got my back

This journey is long
The way is not always clear
The answers will come when the time is right
God will help me kick it in gear
Take the next step to own this light
Face the shadow and change the world…without fear!

Oh, what a night!
Believing in magic and moonbeams
Adds a whole new dimension to my life!

05/16/10
Copyright © 2010 by Charlene Burgess

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely poem Bravo!

    I meditate with a group every full moon also
    Michael appears every time...

    Thank you for sharing
    Love,
    Skydance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skydance...

    Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I humbly accept and appreciate your Bravo! :)

    I remember you from the Tribute Portrait site! I don't visit there as often as I used to, but I still follow and support everything they are doing. It's a great project.

    I also remember when you were doing your full moon meditation with the group - glad to hear you are keeping it up and still connecting with Michael. Do you post any of the stories from your meditations?

    I hope you will visit again. Michael has inspired me to do this and it's been a tremendous journey of discovering new gifts, amazing love, and that bright light he shares with all of us....his magic!

    Love to you,
    ~ Charlene ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I have looked upon the moon at Neverland and often just outside at home and felt Michael. Magical. LOVE to you my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Betty!
    So glad you could come by. Yes, to me the moon is magical in all its shapes and sizes! And I always feel Michael's presence when I see it glowing in the sky. Another beautiful gift he left for us to enjoy and remember him by! What a prince!! LOVE that man!!
    LOVE you too dear,
    ~ Charlene ~

    ReplyDelete