MJ Reflections

Friday, November 5, 2010

Daddy Dear



Daddy dear,
What did you fear?

Did someone tell you
You weren't good enough
Belittling and bullying to make you feel small
Is that why you thought you should pass it along
Reclaiming your power to make you feel tall

Daddy dear,
What did you fear?

Forever a prisoner of your own mistakes
Losing hopes and dreams
When others held your fate
Your life coming apart at the seams

Daddy dear,
What did you fear?

Did I get in the way
Of everything you hoped to be one day
Was it my light, my passion, my love for life
Did I challenge you to look in the mirror
Did my radiance cause you fright

Daddy dear,
What did you fear?

The legacy of your forefathers
Passed down through the ages
Being threatened by a new generation
Calling your authority into question


Daddy dear,
What did you fear?

Loss of control in a world that was changing
Turning to love
Hearts and souls rearranging
Boomers coming of age to work it out
Standing for justice
We would sing and shout

Daddy dear,
What did you fear?

Was it love, peace or equal rights
Freedom of speech, truth or justice
When we got tough 'cause we'd had enough
And we wouldn't give up the fight


Daddy dear,
What did you fear?

Did you not understand
God's purpose
God's plan
For a world filled with love, no more fear
God's dream was in our hands, daddy dear!
Don't you know there's only one way
Truth and Love are here to stay

Daddy dear,

Why do you still fear?

I pray that you will find your peace
Forever held in God's loving embrace
Don't worry 'bout me
I'm finding my way
Through the clutter of doubt
In a world gone astray
It's time to finally make that change
For a better tomorrow
For the whole human race

Daddy dear,
Have no more fear!

Your trials are coming to an end
I forgive you, daddy
And I'm moving on
For God has given me a true love friend
11/05/10
Copyright © 2010 by Charlene Burgess


2 comments:

  1. My dear friend, Charlene. Thank you once again for sharing your your heart, the catharsis of your growth. Forgiveness the end product. Freedom from pain the end result.
    Wow and what a pic at the end. May I share this? That is Karen Faye's daughter MJ is walking with at Neverland I believe. You find the most amazing pictures to accompany your wonderful inspiring words.
    LOVE & blessings always. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, dear Betty, for your loving words and your constant support. You are a blessing to me!

    Of course, you can share this! I'm not sure if you're talking about the poem, the picture at the end, or both, but it doesn't matter. Any of it is fine to share among the MJ community or your friends and family. Thank you for asking.

    Would you believe I spent hours just finding the pictures I thought would best accompany the poem?! I'm too picky sometimes, I think! (It's one of those incessant Virgo traits - LOL!) But, once it's done, it feels so right and the photos convey the essence of the piece for me. That last picture makes me cry every time I get to the end of the poem and look at the sweet image of him holding this precious girl's hand as they walk through that perfect garden toward his beautiful home. My "true love friend" has taken my hand and is guiding me safely and gently through his paradise where only love exists. Such an amazing gift! Thank you God!!

    The photo at the top holds a lot of meaning for me also. I studied it for awhile before deciding to use it. I really believe it was one of those divinely inspired finds. Do you see the butterfly in the center, partially caught in the tangled mess? To me, the butterfly is escaping its confinement, powered by the light which is brightest at the center and aided by the two circles of light attached to it - one larger and one smaller. To me, the circles of light represent God and Michael. The butterfly, of course, represents transformation. There's a lot more I see in the strands of light outside of the center, but I won't go into that here. I'll let you and others discover your own interpretations of this beautiful piece of art made with strands of light! Please share your thoughts with me if you want.

    Much LOVE and Many Blessings to you too Betty!
    ~ Char ~

    ReplyDelete