MJ Reflections

Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Greatest Mystery of All

Photo art created by Billie Jean
Used with permission - Thank you BJ!

* * * * * * *
Our private rendezvous is coming to an end
Remembering our time together
Every moment precious
Time has been our friend
These sweet memories will stay
Keeping me alive 'til one bright day

I came to find answers
to questions that are haunting
Where do I go from here?
What more does life have in store for me?
How may I use my gifts to your glory?
Tell me, how shall I continue this journey?

Even as I prepare to leave
Returning to my life
of aching arms and broken dreams
I still don’t know what the future holds
Except that I’ll be getting old!
The answers don't always seem so clear
Tell me now, so I can hear you

This life is such a mystery
Profound and deep when you hold the key
But it’s much more simple than you expect
Just keep your head up and do your best
What else can I say beyond all that?
But Love is the key that keeps you on track
And therein lies the greatest mystery of all
How can something with no shape or form
hold you upright and not let you fall?

It’s in your spirit, your very soul
The energy that makes you whole
You don’t even need your physical form
Except to take action and get the job done
Make your presence known
On this earth, in this time
And do all you can to set things straight
Make it all rhyme

You don’t even need to steer this ride
'Cause God is at the helm
Just trust... and He will guide
He is the Maestro, the Conductor of Souls
He’s the only One who really knows you…
Because He made you

Look around you, see what He’s done
It’s all as it should be, in perfect order
This masterpiece of creation
Why do you question the Maestro’s word?
Why do you doubt the ultimate power?
Just accept His love
He wants you to have it
And be about living in the light
‘til it becomes a habit!

The answer you've been seeking
lies within, if you understand it
The greatest mystery of all
isn't really a mystery
It is Love, pure and simple
Give it away...
then you will have it!

And all the rest will fall into place...

01/02/2011
Copyright © 2011 by Charlene Burgess




7 comments:

  1. Charlene thank you so much for this amazing poem.I was carried away honey and forgot all the problems..I love you.

    Mado

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Char,

    Again, I love your writings and this poem as well. Its tone seems slightly sad but also telling yourself to trust, turn to the Light and live in love, and everything will be alright. That's what I feel in my heart and soul, and this feeling made me whole. ( sorry, bit of a rhyme in my reply accidentally).Love you! xxx Elmira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mado... God Bless You honey!
    I'm happy you were carried away and forgot all your problems!! It was a wonderful retreat I had at the ocean. Four days entirely filled with nothing but Michael. Very inspiring!
    I'm looking forward to my next retreat in July. This will be a tradition for me now - every July and December - to be entirely focused on him and to write until I have nothing left in me to write. Ahhhh! It is so fulfilling, I wish I could do it more often... or all the time!!
    My Love to you dear,
    ~ Char

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Elmira,
    You are so right about the sadness. I wrote this poem on the day I was leaving my retreat and I didn't want to go! Four days with Michael was like being in heaven!! I wrote more than I'd written on any of my previous retreats, so it was very productive in that way. However, believe it or not, I felt a sense of disappointment at the end of my stay because I realized I had been seeking some deep, profound and fresh inspiration from him, and what I got in a nutshell was... "Keep doing what you're doing, you're on the right track, my message is simple, it's all about LOVE and you've got it - just keep sharing it!" I don't think I realized at the time what a tremendous gift that was. Months later, as I read through all my writings from that retreat, I have found a new and, yes, profound appreciation for this simple message! A renewed trust in what I already know and what I have received from him is more precious than I can ever express!
    Thank you, dear friend, for stopping by and leaving your words of understanding. I love your little rhyme, BTW!! I get a kick out of it when a sentence turns out to be a rhyme without even trying. Happens to me too. ;)
    Much LOVE to you darlin'...
    ~ Char

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, Charlene! I love to come here read your posts, they're filled with so much love =)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Char, Very beautiful and inspiring. Thank You for this moment of profound reflection and beauty in the front of the ocean...Thinking about love....The true love of God, and that wonderful L.O.V.E. that our Michael poured from his heart on this suffering world of ours.

    Here is a scripture about God's love I adore so much

    'No power or force on earth can be stronger than love. And God's love is the greatest love of all. By His love, we obtained salvation. By loving Him and then our neighbors, we manifest such salvation. We love because He first loved us' (1 John 4:19).

    Love you always,
    VerĂ³nica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charlene, Yes This is just so beautiful. Our source. Christ. God at the helm. I love this entire poem. It is a message from the Lord for me. Thank you for being the vessel which God used to tell us once again to lay down our crowns and fear and allow him to steer our ships of life. I especially love these lines: "Why do you question the Maestro’s word?
    Why do you doubt the ultimate power?
    Just accept His love"
    LOVE to you my friend,
    Betty

    ReplyDelete