MJ Reflections

Monday, July 11, 2011

WWMD?



What would Michael do? He would just DO. Putting his heart on the line, he was never one to sit idly by and watch the world self-destruct without trying to DO something about it, nor would he watch the children of the world suffer without giving his ALL to make a difference in their lives. No matter how much life may have pulled him down at times - and we all know about the worst of those times - “he always came back with more love” (Kenny Ortega, This Is It). He may have needed time to heal and time to reflect, but he didn’t let any of it stop him from doing what he knew he was sent here to DO!

Lately, I’ve been feeling as if Michael is leading me, gently and clearly toward the next level of this journey. There have been many times over the last 2 years when, in my grief, I have felt as if I didn’t want to remain on this earth without Michael here. Or at the very least, I didn’t want to continue with my life as it was - the same old job, the same routines of daily living that no longer held any meaning for me. Everything seemed so pointless, so mundane, so worthless compared to this new adventure I had been catapulted into. He was taking me places I had never been before. He was offering me escapism to the max and I was ready to go with it 100%! If I hadn't had financial responsibilities and other commitments in my life, I would have left this place without hesitation and found a shack on the beach to spend the rest of my days in bliss with Michael, my computer (or pen & paper), the sounds and smells of the ocean, Mother Nature in all her glory, and my heart forever devoted to just loving him and writing about it! But I knew deep inside that this experience was leading me toward something even bigger than that (it’s hard to imagine anything bigger than loving Michael Jackson!!)

In many of the poems he has given me, the words often speak of fulfilling his mission. This calling is about so much more than spending my days in the eternal bliss of his magical love! On a much deeper level I knew that I had been chosen for this mission for some reason beyond my comprehension - chosen to receive his light, his love, his message, his inspiration to be all that I was meant to be in this lifetime - chosen to emulate his passion and his courage to step out in faith to DO the right thing… no matter what - chosen to DO something to make an impact in this world during my time here. To stop existing and start living - using my God-given gifts to their full potential - the way Michael did. He always DID… without fail.

His music has inspired me. Through it, his heart speaks to my heart. And that voice… oh my, that voice, with all its emotion and expressions and personalities - that voice has sung his beautiful and passionate melodies that have touched me in the abyss of my soul. With that voice, he has vibrated and energized every cell of my being. His light has penetrated every dark corner that ever existed inside of me - making me SEE what was there and erasing all fear of what I thought was lurking there. No big deal!! What have I been so afraid of all my life? And why did it take me so darn long to understand that there was nothing to fear and that I could DO so much more with my life than I ever dreamed possible?

Recently, I have felt something stirring inside of me that has been missing the last couple of years - a sense of hope and purpose related to my work. An unexpected awareness that my job may very well be the vehicle through which I can fulfill this mission from Michael is making itself known. It is becoming increasingly clear that everything I need to accomplish the work he wants me to DO is already in place - it was just waiting for this time to reveal itself and for me to be ready to recognize it and embrace it. The tools, the resources, the support, the people, the system… they’re all there - just waiting to be energized for this mission of ours to make the world a better place! I didn’t want to see that at first. I wanted to wrap myself and Michael in a cocoon, all comfortable and warm and cozy, and never come out until it was my time to leave this world. But, deep down I knew better. And Michael has not given up on me. He has had infinite patience with my roller coaster emotions (maybe he’s even enjoyed the ride a bit!) But he’s getting down to business now. Oh, he’s still sharing his Love in the only way he knows how - in a BIG way! Michael’s Love will never be diminished with time. It will continue to grow inside each of us as we live out his dream for us. Each step of this journey holds new adventures, and he will continue to take us places we’ve never been before, sharing his bliss, his joy, his magical love with us every step of the way. And as we DO as Michael would DO, never giving up our vision and hope for a brighter tomorrow and a better world for the children, we will be forever embraced in his Love and gratitude for all we are doing to carry on his mission and fulfill his dream!

My friend, Siren, recently posted the following quote on her blog, Siren’s Muse (see link to the right on this page). This is an answer she received from Michael after she asked him for guidance on a decision she was contemplating regarding her own life:

“Please don’t give up. I know it’s not easy. With knowledge comes responsibility. If you want to make a difference, you can’t run away and hide. This is not about dedicating yourselves to Me. It’s about dedicating yourselves to one another. The only way to make that change in the world is to be in it. I’m counting on you… on each of you. I know you won’t let Me down. It’s why I chose you… all of you. I Love you… more.”

When I read these words from Michael, I felt as if I had heard them or read them somewhere before - like Michael had given me this same message at some point on my journey with him. I don’t remember where or when, but I feel certain he must have whispered these words to me in a dream or maybe he painted them in the sky? Now, that’s a whole other story!!

Sit back, relax your mind, and listen carefully to Michael’s words in this video as he speaks about his vison for Heal the World and what we should all be doing to help others in need. It’s wonderful to hear his voice talking about his dream of helping people (especially children) all around the world. What he is saying is that he will never stop doing what he was called to DO. I believe that’s true, even now. And in saying that, he is asking us to DO the same!



“Whatever is happening in your life right now, dedicate it consciously to the furtherance of love's purposes on earth.” ~ Marianne Williamson

5 comments:

  1. I so agree...we are supposed to take our own lives and through them, do our part to make the world a better place. It's harder than it seems, to me, at least. Thank you, Char, for a very inspirational devotion for today.
    Love you lots,
    Midnite Boomer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if consistency is confirmation, This Is It.
    Bless you, my beautiful beautiful friend.

    Siren

    ReplyDelete
  3. The synchronicity never ceases to amaze me. Michael never ceases to amaze me. Thank you Char for providing yet another confirmation. ♥

    Breathing Michael's Love,
    HG

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^ Amen on the synchronicity, Honeygirl!

    This is beautiful and true and what we're all feeling, Char. Thank you for writing it in just this way. ♥ ♥ ♥ Much love, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful to read your experience and what you learned with Michael, about the purpose of his mission, Charlene! As well as Siren's experience (I read her post). What Michael answered her fits my situation too.. Thank you so much for posting this!

    Well... we love him more! =)

    Much love,
    Mayra

    ReplyDelete