MJ Reflections

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Love Letters

Do you sometimes wonder how long Michael’s spirit will stay with you, touching your heart, giving you inspiration to keep going? Have you worried that when your grieving subsides, he will go away along with your pain? Do you cling to your grief in a desperate attempt to hang onto Michael and his love forever because you couldn’t imagine your life without him being there? Entering your dreams at night to comfort and remind you of his love and his sweet laughter. Singing a certain song to you at just the right moment to let you know he’s still there, responding to your questions and soothing your pain. Or perhaps, just to bring a smile to your heart.

I have certainly grappled with these questions and concerns off and on throughout this journey with Michael. In March I was experiencing some real conflict over these feelings, so I began writing about them in my journal. When I was finished with the entry, I realized that what I had written sounded very much like a dialogue between me and Michael, so the idea of transforming them into an exchange of Love Letters was born. I cherish these letters because even though Michael was not the author of his letters to me, I feel that his spirit was moving me as I wrote them, and he helped me to find resolution within my soul. I visit these letters whenever I find myself slipping back into that space of doubt and fear. Every time I read them, I still feel all the emotion that was poured into these words with a little help from Michael.

These Love Letters have been filed away with a group of my poems and writings that I have labeled “personal and private.” I honestly didn’t believe that I would ever share them with anyone. But Michael has moved me to do so now. I hope you will find some inspiration for your journey in the words Michael wrote on my heart…

Dear Michael,

I’m stuck…..I’m sorry
I don’t want to disappoint you
But I resist moving forward
Because I fear I will lose you

I lost you before somewhere along the way
And now that I’ve found you again
I want you to stay

I’m hanging on for dear life
Remaining in my grief sustains my plight
The emotions I’m feeling keep me close
To your love and everything about you I miss the most

I continue to feel your presence every day
Your music, pictures, letters and books,
all the sweet memories will stay
Keeping me connected with you on this journey

So how do I continue and make myself worthy?

…Without losing you

Dear Charlene,

You can carry me in your heart without fear
of losing me ever again!
Remember that part of you inside you learned to ignore
because it brought you much pain?
That boldness, that drive to learn, to explore
To shine, perfect, love and proclaim
In the face of adversity
When others didn’t agree…
That’s ME in YOU, my love is without end!

Now that you know, you must let it show
Or my light in you will fade
I don’t want to leave, you
have the power to save
This precious love

I’ve shown you that boldness is a gift so rare
Even if others don’t understand
When practiced with humility, kindness and love
They will want to take your hand!

I believe in you as you’ve believed in me
Why else would I have chosen you to be my messenger?
Be bold! The world awaits your lesson!

You will inspire others with your heart
That part of me in you has been awakened
Brought into the light from the dark
As long as you hold that light out in front
Up high for all to see
Don’t hide it from the world, my love
And you will never lose me!
My essence, my being in you
Depends on that light to shine
Please, please give it all you’ve got
So we can see this through ‘til the end of time

Dear Michael,

I think I understand it now
I will do my best to make you proud
If I feel myself slipping back
To wrap myself and you in a bubble
Safe and warm, no trouble
I will remember your words to woo
Keeping me from losing you
In order to hold you I must be bold
Step outside my comfort zone
Go beyond my own limited thinking
Project your light to keep this ship from sinking!
Hold up the mirror for others to see
Their own light….or darkness
Whatever would be
Motivating them to make that change
Their goodness come forth, the world to save

Please don’t expect one hundred percent
This is a journey
Sometimes I’ll be spent, too tired to shine
Old ways and feelings will take over from time to time

But I promise to pay respect that is due
Your message to the world
This is my cue

I LOVE you!!



Dear Charlene,

Always remember
I LOVE you too
More than you will ever know
I am IN you - I KNOW you
I’ll never leave you
You are my sweet bird, my soul!

03/06/10
Copyright © 2010 by Charlene Burgess

7 comments:

  1. Okay ... not fair to make me cry this early in the day. 'Love Letters?' Hmmm - nice thought! I may have to borrow it?

    I, too, have my journal - and all my entries are begun, 'Dear Michael,' - but I had never considered allowing him to respond. I'm going to have to try that!

    Once again, a beautiful post and inspiration. Thanks :)
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlene, I am truly fascinated with your love letters to Michael and so his love letters as well! Love letters straight from your heart...keep us so near while apart! I memorize every line...hmmmmmm remember this song??

    Would you believe my first favourite song of Michael when I was young like him is "I'll be there" and my second best is his "will you be there" For one good reason, for I am a very a sentimental sensitive person! and I love writing love letters too, and I am keeping a dairy since I was 12 year old!!

    your words are so sweet and Mihael's reply was sweeter than ever!

    hayyyyyyyyyy
    why we LOVE HIM?
    know why????? because...

    what you reap you sow..
    He reaped love he sowed love in return! that's it!!! this is it!

    Actually Mom Katherine should have named him "Michael Sweet Soul Jackson" instead of Joseph! yaks!!! hahaha!!!

    no kidding aside! I love Michael so much, I consider him my kid brother and he's so especial to my heart? because he makes me happy morethan ever! May God bless his soul...and May your ehart be blessed forever! Keep going, I'll gonna wait for the Postman soon from USA to Germany...

    CHEERIO! lots of hugs

    MARIA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan,
    Tears are good, even in the morning!

    I have written a few other pieces addressed to Dear Michael, but this is the first and only time I've written a response from him. It just felt right - had to go with it!

    Thank you so much for your friendship and support.

    Blessings,
    ~ Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria,
    God Bless You dear! I can feel your joy and your strong love for Michael!! You are so right that he gave so much love to everyone around this world, and this is why we love him so. I don't think we can ever match his love, but we can sure enjoy trying, huh? And we will never stop.

    Love you to pieces!
    ~ Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Charlene,

    There must a reason I was led to your blog today, to read this moving post and these love letters. I am wrestling with the same doubts and fears and it is comforting to know I'm not alone, and the answer is shining brightly in my face: shine Michael's light boldly into the world and his love will never part.

    Thank you for your gift with words, to help others like myself, struggling to learn the lessons that need to be learned, and to move forward without the fear of losing his love.
    this blog is precious, thank you once again!

    Elmira

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Elmira,

    Letters like yours are the reason I do this!! Your words brought tears to my eyes, to know that you were led here at this time - 2 1/2 months after posting this blog - one MUST believe it was more than coincidence. Divinely inspired, for sure!!

    Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. I am so grateful for these connections and for our mutual love for Michael as well as our understanding of each other! We are bonded in a way that defies explanation sometimes - complete strangers feeling a kinship with one another because of a mutual soul connection to a man we've never met! Sounds crazy!! But it is nothing short of amazing! A spiritual journey which thousands around the world are traveling together. Only Michael could bring people together like that. And only God could orchestrate it!!

    Love and Blessings to you...
    ~ Charlene ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. all what can i say it that you cann't beleve how much i love michael jackson becaus of him my all life has change i'm just 15 years old but i think i cann't love some one alls he is the best think has happen to me ............ i love you & i ll still love you for ever mj cause you are always in my heart
    fatima zahra from morocco

    ReplyDelete