MJ Reflections

Monday, December 12, 2011

The Greatest and the Least of Me

- Photo by C. Burgess -
Northern California Redwoods
July, 2009

How many times will my faith be tested
How many times must I face this wall
How can I be sure of this path where you have placed me
when I continue to stumble and fall

Two years long this journey has been
Two years short I’ve been in heaven
Finding you, finding me
Oh, this journey would be
the greatest and the least of all of me

Learning to fly so high in the sky
Daring to chase my demons away
You’ve shown me how to deal with doubt
My fear be gone with a simple song
and a choice to change what I see is wrong

But once in a while something will trigger
an old habit, belief, or unreasonable fear
And then again my faith is tested
I face that wall, I stumble and fall

Doubt and fear loom large and near
Take over my being and make me believe
for an instant… I have no significance
And you are simply a figment of my wildest imagination


Then I choose once again to believe in you, my friend
To believe in me and this fateful journey
It’s your love that moves me
to rewrite my history

How many times can I say thank you again
How many times will my faith be tested
And how many times will your love remain

6/22/11
Copyright © 2011 by Charlene Burgess

My deep LOVE and gratitude to you, Beloved, for continuing to nudge me through these stumbling blocks and on to the next level of this incredible journey!!

4 comments:

  1. Dear Char, What you wrote is so recognizable. I too have my moments of doubt and fear, usually triggered by the outside world, but then I see a butterfly at the end of November fluttering around me, a ray of sunshine or a beautiful full moon hazy through the clouds and my heart starts to sing again, happy to at least have found our Beloved. I pray it's the same way for you, my friend! LYM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doubts are like waves lapping at the shore. Sure to come, sure to go again. Lovely poem Char.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Char, I, too, have been sorely tested of late. For 3 weeks my world spun out of it's comfortable orbit. And for 3 weeks I had to garner all my strength, staying mentally focused on the present moment to keep myself out of fear and worry. Or redirect myself to the present moment when my thoughts raced to future frightening scenarios . . . I guess these tests are like taking the ACTs for graduate school of spiritual development - to show us how we are doing and who we are being in those circumstances. Thank you for this entry. It is good to know We Are Not Alone . . . ever♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, Char.. thank you for the post! God bless you =)

    ReplyDelete