MJ Reflections

Monday, August 29, 2011

One In Service

Less than one month after I'd written my very first poem, I woke up one morning with an incredibly distinct memory of Michael having visited me in my sleep. Although I didn't remember the details of a dream, it was very clear to me that he had been there with me and I felt a sense of urgency about his visit. As I began to get ready for work, this urgency would not leave me alone and soon, words began to flow through me. I immediately stopped everything to capture them on paper. It was one of those times when the words were coming so rapidly I could hardly keep up, and I wasn't even totally aware of what I was writing. I could feel Michael's energy as I wrote. He was like Tigger - you know, Winnie the Pooh's Tigger - bouncing all around me with an excitement and joy that was palpable. He was poking and prodding me to get these words down and to DO something with them! It felt as if he had been waiting to give me this message for a very long time. As if my new gift of writing poetry was the medium through which he could most effectively communicate, and he could hardly wait to begin!

After months of getting little more than 3 or 4 hours of sleep every night since this "awakening" ignited that summer of 2009, I was only beginning to understand how it must have been for him all those years when he had difficulty sleeping, as God channeled his messages through him for the world to hear. His Gift was in receiving those messages and giving them to the world through his music and other writings in a way that would awaken us to the importance of God's concerns and the certainty of his Love.

At the time I didn't have a blog yet, and the only way I could share this message with the fan community was through a friend of mine who ran her own MJ website, MJUpbeat.com. I immediately sent it to her and asked that she post it. I also shared it with others at every opportunity. I had not yet begun to use facebook to connect with other MJ followers, so this poem has been waiting in the wings for another appropriate time to share it with you. I believe the time has come!

On this 53rd anniversary of the day the world was gifted with the new life of Michael Joseph Jackson, I share with you his message as it came through me a year and a half ago. It is simple and clear, not particularly profound, but given in the spirit of love and joy, with a playfulness that could only be Michael and an urgency that we understand the importance of our role as his voice in this world. He has been grooming us for some time now, gathering us together as One body with a common purpose...



"Today we stand together all around the world, joined in a common purpose to remake the planet into a haven of joy and understanding and goodness. No one should have to suffer, especially our children. This time we must succeed... this is for the children of the world."

~Michael Jackson
Intro to Heal the World
1993 Super Bowl





Michael's Message

You came to me in my sleep last night
I awoke without fright
Did you come to even the score?
Three hours of sleep, I can’t do this no more!

You said, Get up! Get up! There’s work to be done
This is not the time to be having fun!
There are children who need you all around the world
You have the gift, let the truth unfurl!

I don’t ask much of you except to be
an angel of love, to remember me
Others need to hear your voice
Tell how you’ve been moved, given the choice
to express my love in the world today
Because I can’t, you see, I’ve gone away

I need you to believe it’s true
The music will speak, it’s all right there for you

I lived and dreamed, sacrificed much
To share my gift, make a difference and such
Now it’s up to you to pass it along
Make the world a better place, remember the song?

Don’t forget to share some candy
It will bring a smile, make the children feel dandy!

Go now in peace and harmony
Remember I love you as much as can be
Your heart is mine
I will respond in kind
When we finally do meet
Our journeys complete
God will bring us together when the time is right
But now we must continue the fight
To change the world, put some love back in it
For the children, you know
... and for the planet!


01/24/10
Copyright © 2010 by Charlene Burgess


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


"Gods messengers are joyous, and their joy heals sorrow and despair."


A COURSE IN MIRACLES, Lesson 100
written by Helen Schucman
published by the Foundation for Inner Peace


My part is essential to God’s plan for salvation.

Just as God’s Son completes his Father, so your part in it completes your Father’s plan. Salvation must reverse the mad belief in separate thoughts and separate bodies, which lead separate lives and go their separate ways. One function shared by separate minds unites them in one purpose, for each one of them is equally essential to them all.

God’s Will for you is perfect happiness. Why should you choose to go against His Will? The part that He has saved for you to take in working out His plan is given you that you might be restored to what He wills. This part is as essential to His plan as to your happiness. Your joy must be complete to let His plan be understood by those to whom He sends you. They will see their function in your shining face, and hear God calling to them in your happy laugh.

You are indeed essential to God’s plan. Without your joy, His joy is incomplete. Without your smile, the world cannot be saved. While you are sad, the light that God Himself appointed as the means to save the world is dim and lusterless, and no one laughs because all laughter can but echo yours.

You are indeed essential to God’s plan. Just as your light increases every light that shines in Heaven, so your joy on earth calls to all minds to let their sorrows go, and take their place beside you in God’s plan. God’s messengers are joyous, and their joy heals sorrow and despair. They are the proof that God wills perfect happiness for all who will accept their Father’s gifts as theirs.

We will not let ourselves be sad today. For if we do, we fail to take the part that is essential to God’s plan, as well as to our vision. Sadness is the sign that you would play another part, instead of what has been assigned to you by God. Thus do you fail to show the world how great the happiness He wills for you. And so you do not recognize that it is yours.

Today we will attempt to understand joy is our function here. If you are sad, your part is unfulfilled, and all the world is thus deprived of joy, along with you. God asks you to be happy, so the world can see how much He loves His Son, and wills no sorrow rises to abate his joy; no fear besets him to disturb his peace. You are God’s messenger today. You bring His happiness to all you look upon; His peace to everyone who looks on you and sees His message in your happy face.

... [You must] realize your part is to be happy. Only this is asked of you or anyone who wants to take his place among God’s messengers. Think what this means. You have indeed been wrong in your belief that sacrifice is asked. You but receive according to God’s plan, and never lose or sacrifice or die.

Now let us try to find that joy that proves to us and all the world God’s Will for us. It is your function that you find it here, and that you find it now. For this you came. Let this one be the day that you succeed! Look deep within you, undismayed by all the little thoughts and foolish goals you pass as you ascend to meet the Christ in you...

You are essential to God’s plan for the salvation of the world!

Helen Schucman: A Course In Miracles, Lesson 100
Published by the Foundation for Inner Peace

5 comments:

  1. Wow, there is a lot here to ponder for today, Char...I think you out-did yourself!
    Thank you and Happy Birthday Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone doing their part will make things right. SUCH a beautiful devotion and message today. Thanks for sharing this blessed experience with us on Michael's 53rd birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Michael!! And thank you Char for this amazing article. I'm just curious... the "Course in Miracles"... are those your words or Michael's?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for asking Jacinta! At the time I posted these words, I didn't know who the author of "A Course In Miracles" was. (It's not me OR Michael - hehe!) I have researched it further and I now have the author's name. Will update the post so there is no confusion. Thank you for your kind words of support. LYM!! ~ Char ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Char, thank you for sharing this beautiful message! It warmed all our hearts!

    Dear Michael, happy birthday, we love you so much!

    ReplyDelete