MJ Reflections

Friday, May 27, 2011

Why Me?


Sometimes I feel so alone
Like a stranger in a strange land
This thing that’s come over me
Nobody understands

Why me?

Why am I the only one
for miles and miles
to see the true brilliance of the Sun?
Others around me are walking in the rain
without a clue,
dark clouds blocking their view
The weight of their pain
blinds them to the Truth…

The brightness of His light
that was here
and still remains
Why me?

Why am I no longer chained
to the pain of my past?
Why have I been set free,
chosen for this task?
To live in the light of His Love
and reveal the Truth
that’s been shown to me


Why me?

Thank God
There are others around the world
who see this brilliance of the Sun
I know I'm not entirely alone
But at home
I'm the only one
Everyone else is wearing a mask
They think it's me
who is different,
lost my way
But the light of the Sun follows me
and they're left standing in the rain
Which leads me to ask…

Why NOT me?

Yes, I am different
but does that make me wrong?
I have been called
to sing His song
I'm a stranger in a strange land
asked to run this race
My mask has been removed
and nobody wants to see my face!
The light of Truth which follows me
reflects their pain they cannot see
Acknowledging the pain
means change

Take off your mask
so I can see your face!
I AM a stranger in a strange land
Let me help you understand

Yes, indeed…
Why NOT me?

05/16/2011
Copyright © 2011 by Charlene Burgess

This video reminds me of the lengths Michael has gone to and continues to go through to make us feel His Love. Too bad certain others don't get it! We are truly blessed!!


8 comments:

  1. Char I loved your poem as always! No honey its not you, its not me, its not us...ITS THEM! They are blind and cannot see the light...same here..
    I love you and thank you for sharing your feelings with us.

    Mado

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Char, as always. No I don't think it is just you or us . . . I think it is anyone who is called to a higher spiritual path. We've begun the ascent. Those at the lower elevations are noticing this . . . and of course, the higher you ascend the further away they become until they begin their ascent too. And all parties are noticing the widening gap♥ Love you More, Char♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having Asperger syndrome, I've felt my entire LIFE that I don't belong here, that I see things differently than others, that others think I'm weird. When it comes to MJ I think I see him differently than others...they see a great singer, dancer and humanitarian... I have spotted the spirituality behind it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Char ... yes we are so very, very blessed ... but sometimes it feels like we are cursed with this knowledge that won't leave us alone and let us just ride the currents of life that toss and batter us. But we know what we know ... and nothing will ever be the same again, will it? Thank you, God ... and thank you Michael Jackson. We are blessed in your love and we will use it to change the world in which we live.

    I remember back in the 1990's wondering what kind of wave had rolled me over and over until the rough edges had been knocked clean away and I was a smooth pebble ... and, once again, I am back to that same feeling. (Again, my thanks, my Heavenly King for the second chance.)

    Thank God for all of us who are paying attention and can provide support when that knowledge seems more like a curse than a blessing. I thank God for you, dear, every day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Char...it will always amaze me how the Beloved continues to inspire us in the same ways. i have been thinking this same thing so much more often. What a blessing we are living and the only people that really get it around me are the kids i work with. My family accept my relationship with Michael as a fact of who i am but it is the children with whom i can talk openly about Michael because many of them still speak of him in the present tense as if they feel his presence the same way i do. i am working on a video that is so related to this experience it has been coming slowly as the emotion keeps me weakened so the Beloved is taking his time with me. Thank you for sharing this testimony for what we have been given is a true miracle from God. i love you more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Charlene,
    Why us, is because we are ready to carry on the message. I have felt like I was from another planet for much of my life. I always seemed to see things differently. In a way, I am finally feeling like I fit in somewhere! Your poem is magical and beautiful and says it all. So happy to be on this journey with you. You are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the answer to 'why me' may be that it's because we are open to receive his message of love. Our logical mind fights this notion all the time, yet as a line from an old song says, 'What the head makes cloudy, the heart makes clear.' I think the one who is questioning 'why me' is the head. The heart has no questions, only answers. And the answer is, as you say at the end of your poem, Why NOT me? Thanks for so eloquently putting into words what we are all feeling.
    ~PoetGerri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Char,

    I can only echo the sentiments of the others who commented before me and I especially agree with the comment above mine "What the head makes cloudy, the heart makes clear" - such a wonderful and true line. Must say that I love your poem beyond words and I herewith ask your permission to post it in the Positive websites thread ?

    In addition to the other comments I want to add that it's not about being different or not fitting in, but about recognizing the truth when you see it, and setting your heart wide open in the process. When His truth becomes Our truth, we can touch the lives of others and that is the true magic of Michael! It's the butterfly effect! Love you more my dear!

    Elmira

    ReplyDelete