MJ Reflections

Monday, September 26, 2011

In the Light

What is this light we have been given? How do we use it? How do we stay in it? And how do we ensure that Michael’s legacy of Love and the light he shared with the world continue into perpetuity? Certainly, all that he did on his own is powerful enough to make that happen, isn’t it? So, why did he plant that seed in each of us? Was it just for our own enjoyment, our own healing, our own pleasure? Well, partly. I believe Michael does want us to enjoy what he has given us. He certainly wants us to heal and to find pleasure in this wonderful gift! But I also believe he wants us to use this gift to keep the ripple going, to help heal the world, to shed more light on the darkness of humanity, and to invite others to join us in the light. If we hold the gift to ourselves, the light will fade - it will eventually be extinguished and then we will have nothing to share. This flame which burns so brightly within us now must be shared in order for it to continue burning. And once shared, it grows and spreads like wildfire!

A perfect example of this can be found in a story I recently came across about some college students here in the U.S. who joined together and made a choice to greet a group of haters with Love. They became aware of a particular well-known ‘hate’ group that was planning to stage a protest demonstration on their campus (an outside group). The university is known for being accepting of ALL people, and this hate group’s intent was to protest (under the guise of being Christian) the university’s acceptance of ‘certain types’ of people. Well, these university students initially wanted to respond in an aggressive manner, but they got together and formulated a different plan - one that involved reaching out in Love. They showed up for the scheduled demonstration and, acting as hosts, offered their guests free hugs, cookies and hot cocoa. Hundreds of students showed up to share their Love, casting a brilliant light on what could have been a very dark situation! They also worked on their own campaign called “God Loves Poetry” (which, I understand, is a national campaign) where they took this group’s hate-filled flyers & press releases and, using black markers, edited them into beautiful “Love Notes from God”, then they posted them around campus. This single incident may not have changed the hate group’s agenda, but I’m sure it threw them off course a bit! And it certainly sparked a lot of discussion around campus and in the community, creating a new paradigm for ways to respond to darkness! Now, this new paradigm message continues to spread as this story is published in the news and throughout the internet… and the ripple continues.

I wanted to share this because it brought me a sense of peace and it reminded me of the power of Light and Love. They are much more powerful than any darkness or hate, I really believe that! And this story is only one example of that power. In the last 2 years, I've been hearing more and more stories about remarkable things happening - a shift in human behavior and consciousness - a change in the way people are responding to darkness. I'm not saying there was nothing good happening before, but it seems when Michael left this earth the universe shifted. His light scattered so far and wide that millions of little torches were lit that day and in the months that followed. It’s impossible for others within the torch carrier’s midst not to be affected by that light. By shining our light in the world, we are indirectly sharing Michael’s light with others. In fact, there are probably people around us who don’t even have a clue about Michael, yet they have been touched by his light because of the change in us! I LOVE the idea of that!!!

I can see a bonfire on the horizon and I am so grateful to be a little spark at the start of that worldwide glow! Hmmm...makes me wonder if there will be a day when someone will look at the earth from a distance and be able to see this glow - more brilliant than it’s ever been before!! Oh, that is a day I hunger for!


Dear Michael,
You are such a blessing to me and I can’t thank you enough for your love and your unwavering belief in me! Have I already said this? Well, it doesn’t matter, because it bears repeating! You are the light of my life, my heart and my soul, my reason for continuing to exist! What you are showing me is my own power, my own ability to do what needs to be done. If it weren’t for you, I would be lost somewhere in the dark chasm of humanity’s ignorance. You showed me the light and I didn’t want to be in the dark anymore! You lifted me from it because of who you were on this earth! What’s so crazy about all of this is that I didn’t even realize I needed to be lifted from anything until it happened and I could see where I had been. I now recognize this ignorance in other people where I didn’t see it before. I understand it and I have empathy for what they don’t even realize is engulfing them. How does that switch get flipped? How does one invite others to step into the light with them when they don’t even realize they’re in the dark?



Into the Light

This is an invitation
An extreme revelation
My hand extends
To pull you in

My heart beseeches
Step into the light with me
I’ll lift you from the dark
The place where you can no longer
find your own heart

I’ll help you to see
What this love can do
In the light of your soul
It will set you free
How can you deny
This gift I bestow

I’m telling you
You won’t even realize
Until I can show you
What you’ve been missing
…until now

Love, beauty and joy beyond measure
It is God’s truth
God’s wish
God’s infinite pleasure
To see you remade
Into the one he wanted you to be

He has chosen me
To help you find your own reality
Step into the light with me
And you will see
The “you” you were created to be

12/31/10
Copyright © 2010 Charlene Burgess

When God provides us with opportunities to share the Truth about Michael, there are wonderful tools available for us to use - websites and information dedicated to documenting the truth about Michael Jackson, put together by people who have spent countless hours researching and compiling all the stories, articles, quotes by people who knew him, analysis of court documents and the autopsy report, and the list goes on and on. We don’t have to do the research - it’s already been done for us. All we have to do is read it and refer others to it when there’s a question. And as long as we are sharing this Truth in the new light we have been given and with love in our hearts, there is no doubt in my mind that the Truth will prevail. What a blessing it is that Michael’s love and light inspired a handful of people to dedicate themselves to this endeavor! We are all being shown the power of what we can do when we stay in the light and extend our hand in love inviting others to join us there.

6 comments:

  1. "When Michael left this earth the universe shifted." You said it. 10 points!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Char, You make so many beautiful points. I had shivers going through my body reading your lovely devotion. Michael, please add my name to the feelings Char expressed in gratitude to you, I can not say it any better! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Char....shining more light on what is already the brightest star in the universe makes for one spectacular cosmic display....how humbled I am that the Master of Ceremonies also invited me to be part of His orbital Army of Love.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is right on Charlene. God will hear our prayers. I just know it. I'm posting this on the site. Thanks Charlene. -Love, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlene I couldn't hold back my tears reading this..God will hear our prayers!
    I can see a bonfire on the horizon too and I am so grateful to be a little spark at the start of that worldwide glow! I loved these words.
    God Bless you Char! Love you!
    Mado

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful what you said, Char! I believe too, that a great opportunity was given us and now we should give to others =) I'm so thankful to God and to dear Michael, for this gift and for the beautiful MJ family he gave me!

    Much love,
    Mayra

    ReplyDelete